What sets us apart?
The answer !
We do this to ensure that each student aquires the skill set neccessary to meet the required ASA standard. In a large class, (5 or 6 students), there is not enough practise time to assure each student has attained the necessary skills to confidently sail at the required level. Want to know more? Click here
Our Chief Instructor, Captain Chris, has been sailing keelboats on the Texas coast since the early 90's and teaching the ASA sailing curriculum for about 7 years.
The Captain is an ASA certified sailing instructor for the following ASA sailing classes:
- ASA 101 - Basic Keelboat Sailing
- ASA 103 - Basic Coastal Cruising
- ASA 104 - Bareboat Chartering
- ASA 114 - Cruising Multihull
- ASA 105 - Coastal Navigation
- ASA RADAR Endorsement
- ASA 103 / ASA 104
- ASA Fast Track: ASA 101 / ASA 103 / ASA 104 classes
In addition, the Captain holds a US Coast Guard issued Masters License which currently includes:
- Officer in the US Merchant Marines
- Commercial Assistance Towing endorsement
- Auxiliary Sail endorsement
- Radar Observer Unlimited endorsement
While learning to sail in Corpus Christi, you may be challendged by our weather (no extra charge).
- The spring time winds are typically blowing 20 to 30 knots with gusts to 40 or even 50 kts.
- The winds in the early summer are milder, 10 - 20 kts.
- Late summer and early fall the winds are relatively light, 10-15 kts.
- The winter time is driven by storms: yes we have our quiescent SE winds, but when Northers blow down...it gets exciting.
The winter sailing school season is upon us. We are looking forward to meeting new students in the winter / early spring of 2011 / 2012. If you desire additional information not covered under one of the primary link categories please use the Contact Link on the left to drop us a line.